Welcome to the Employer’s Corner of our Career Resources Centre and thank you for your interest in recruiting HKU law students.
Why HKU Graduates?
Our Law Faculty provides a competitive professional legal education programme and is devoted to producing outstanding students who possess strong academic credentials and who have undertaken their undergraduate legal studies locally and from prestigious law schools in common law jurisdictions around the world. Our law school has the best admissions scores amongst local law schools and our admission standards in respect of overseas students are comparable to the top 5 UK law schools. Our students also have diverse academic backgrounds including business, liberal arts and politics. Many have previous professional work experience and are actively involved in a variety of extra-curricular activities and volunteer organizations. The high-caliber, student-centered curriculum we offer equips our students with skills and knowledge to perform competent legal work in specified fields and to make a meaningful contribution to your organization.
Please click here to download the Employer Information Kit.
Our goal is to connect you with our students and to assist you in your recruitment process. The Careers Resource Centre offers year-round services to employers which include:
- Answering any questions you may have regarding our law programmes, course contents, grading system, students’ transcripts and admission standards;
- Organizing on-campus career talks by your firm to help you maintain an ongoing presence amongst our students;
- Arranging networking events such as employer receptions, experience sharing or practice area information sessions, resume/cover letter writing clinics and mock interview programmes, which can all be avenues for you to meet and assess targeted groups of students in advance of the recruitment process;
- Posting job vacancies for trainee positions, internship/vacation scheme placement, full-time and part-time employment opportunities which is free of charge (please click here to download a job posting template); and
- Advertising job openings, career talks, networking events, open house invitations and other opportunities through various means.
We invite you to contact us regarding any of the above services, individualized approaches tailored for your firm and how we can further assist you in your recruitment process.
Mr. Augustine Hung
Faculty of Law, HKU